So, Oscar time again. I’m not going to pretend I have any knowledge of some of the more obscure categories, so I’ll just make a few predictions for the biggies.
- Best Actress: Natalie Portman
- Best Actress if Natalie Portman Unexpectedly Disqualified: Annette Bening
- Best Actor: Jesse Eisenberg
- Most Grizzled Actor: Jeff Bridges
- Least Grizzled Actor: Jesse Eisenberg
- Best Picture: The Social Network
- Most Old Men Missing the Point: The Social Network
- Best Snub That No One Cares About But Me: How to Train Your Dragon
That was fun, wan’it?
- Victory Games confirmed. This story doesn’t actually grab me that much, but I wanted to point out a benefit of the new Shack design. Rolling our Comments section into the Chatty makes the article threads more active. For example, this story got 41 comments, while the original story from last week, pre-redesign (which contained all the same information) got about a dozen.
- PS3 price drops ahoy! It’s too bad I’ve already played all of them. First world problems.
The PSP greatest hits, on the other hand, look interesting. I didn’t link to them in bullets since I didn’t write the story, but there’s a pretty solid collection of things I haven’t played yet. I might just go for Resistance or Monster Hunter. And if you haven’t played Crisis Core, it’s the best thing with the Final Fantasy VII name attached. I say that without reservation or caveat.
Leigh Alexander wrote a pretty insightful look at game culture and hostility, and it’s worth a read. I don’t think I agree with all of her conclusions, and her mention of the “Dickwolves” controversy is unbelievably reductive, but overall it’s a great read.
Apparently my 1UP article, the one I’ve been talking about non-stop, is now set for Monday. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t get pushed back again, because I’m pretty eager to share it.